It was a decent Shooting experience. And it surprised me that you managed to pull of a 3-D shooter with only using Flash! In any case, the only problem your game lacked was immersion. For one, the player's enemies didn't respond to you shooting them well, i.e. they simply stood still as you kept shooting them unless you are in their point of view.
The fact that you didn't give the players more "lives" so to speak shows that you decided to use a traditional arcade platform, which is a game that is incredibly hard to beat. This was used back in the days to make people pay more money if they want to beat the game. However, keep in mind of your target audience, i.e. Newgrounders, a group of people whom are bored and want to look for some fun games/movies to pass the time.
Finally, the controls where kinda boggy as it wasn't sensitive enough for my tastes. If you want to release another first-person shooter, I'd recommend looking into adding an option menu with the ability to change the sensitivity.
However, all that said, you've done a decent job. The textures of the backgrounds and characters are decent (considering that it's flash) and the sounds are alright.
I'd give it a 3/5...
:O I can't believe one of my song was used in a game :D I'm quite ecstatic about it and it raised my spirits a little bit so thanks guys :D
Now on the subject of the game, I honestly liked the idea, and had fun playing the game. It was quite enjoyable. The only thing I would have liked to see is an option to rotate the blocks around... but then again that would made it a fair bit too easy wouldn't it? -.-"
u r welcome!
I... I shot the king in the crotch...
I feel kinda odd about it xD
The animation and style of the game was great! I enjoyed that part heaps! (the music was annoying, but I can take any sort of music soooo >_>)
Anyways, when I played through the game, at first I thought it was incredibly challenging, got angry quick and left the game for a bit (especially at the ogre boss). But after looking through the reviews, I realized the point is to click at the guy's head after dodging (and to doge A LOT!), but even then it's incredibly difficult to beat the guy.
For the people whom are stuck in that part, it's supposed to be extremely hard. The idea is the same as the NES games... give the player a hard challenge that will make it greatly rewarding to kill the boss.
Anyways, after killing the ogre (and yelling some profanities at it's corpse) I felt good... but it took way too long to get there.
Things to improve on:
~ Walking cycle - it's too awkard
~ Indication of controls - players need to think outside the box quite a lot to figure them out
Just remember, if the player doesn't know what's going on, putting challenges in their face will only frustrate them... but if you give them a BASIC idea of what to do (maybe by saying at some point "Hey see those arrows? You have to click over there to dodge!") players will be more happy to try and try again until you beat the boss (hence why NES games, despite the challenges, got people hooked)
Anyways, awesome game man :D
Thanks for your review Jeromia. I'll definitely keep those things in mind while working on the sequel. Thanks for playing!
For those having trouble with using the keyboard, the best way to play with those controls is to think of it as a piano:
Pinky on numbers, rink finger below numbers, middle finger on the "asdf" line, index finger on the line above the spacebar and the thumb on the spacebar.
It's wayyy easier for people like me to play it once you know this XD
Very amusing XD
Awesomely done :D
An extremely addicting game. Well done.
Looking at all these reviews, I'm really sickend by them. So I would like to clear a few things up to everyone (if people pay attention)
1. This is an mmorpg! Not a single player game. So it may be a little laggy at times and the maintenance crap is going to come up, but that's like every other multiplier game, so suck it up.
2. Although yeah there is a 'quest' (or campaign) mode, there are actually 15 maps to go through. Once you complete the first map, the second map will be accessible. There is actually a well written story to go along with the quest, so be patient about it. As you go through the quests and save your money, you will be able to get better cards.
3. If you want more special cards, you'll need to enter the drafts. You will have to gain 3 draft packs (best way to get them is my getting 1 kasan idols every 7 days in the daily prize) and save to buy 3 gold packs. If you do this, you will duel other players with these cards, and whether you win or not, you will gain all these cards, and you are guaranteed to get something special(I did),
4. If you are annoyed by the game-play, here's some advice. First of all, put the speed to +400%, it will help things move along heeps. Secondly, NEVER invest in an autopilot skill. Waste of skill points. Thridly, go to the options and select "single click" so that you can play cards in one click. If you want to see a definition of the cards, you'll have to unselect 'single click' to see the defintion.
5. Finally, the first map is more of an introduction then anything else. It's not supposed to challenge but it's not supposed to be easy either. All the enemies have are NPCs, and this shouldn't worry anyone as long as you set-up your deck right.
But honestly, the people that have "reviewed" this game, they haven't even bothered to try for a single minute and gave up on it the moment they started playing. Give it a go if your going to try, it's an awesome card game and honestly it's really worth it.
This... this got 7 million views?
And it's a thingy that makes skins?
That's a bloody incredible achievement if you ask me :O
Honest to god, these MMO games that are coming up in Newgrounds aren't affecting the site badly at all. In fact, I'd argue it makes Newgrounds even better.
Not only does these sorts of games give revenue to Newgrounds (obviously because they pay Newgrounds ad revenue for every person whom logs in via Newgrounds[?]) but also the fact that you can find neat little MMOs through newgrounds makes this site even more awesome then the awesome it already had in it.
On the actual game, I think it's neat. There is an obvious amount of effort put into it (the graphics are cute :3 ... and I love the defualt costume design >:3 ). The only troublsome thing about it is that you need to download Java and the game itself before you can install it; not to mention the fact that you also have to play it outside of Newgrounds.
The missions are okay in my opinion but I would rather being able to SOLO during missions. I don't want to have another dude pulling me back, or pressing me to keep going despite the fact that I would rather want to collect extra items. I believe you should allow players to go on missions on their own.
Otherwise it's a neat game. I would recommend it to the casual gamer for a little spin.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.